Saturday, May 2, 2009

Illustrations




So I've pretty much finshed my car illustrations. I did ALL of them in vector as a base and than I experimented (Bad I know...so late in the game too!) and came up with this effect. It's layered on top of each other. So it goes Vector < Hand outline < Hand shading < Action lines.


Manga is not easy to draw...these tutorials on the net kinda suck. Hahaha!

Check it out! FEED ME BACK PLEASE. =)

EDIT: Just remembered that these will be cut out. No more action lines. Just shading. Sweet.

3 comments:

  1. woooooo!!!!
    :D will you be sticking to a specific palette? or mostly white and a few highlighted parts in colour? looks smashing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm I think my main car I want to keep white. But the others I'll have to decide tomorrow..errr...today. But most likely they'll be muted colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. No action lines? :(
    Imo, they look REALLY good with the action lines... I think the third photo really shows how dynamic and how much movement the action lines can create.

    And I think the last photo looks less static? Mainly because of the angle of the car. The front and back look motionless, so you'll have to really use the background to amplify speed and motion.

    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete